Saturday (November 17) was the last day the UK Lottery operated in the format we've come to know. The changes that come into effect on Wednesday, November 21 will create bigger cash prizes and will introduce a new 'Must Be Won' Rolldown draw. The changes will lead to the jackpot being won more frequently and players winning bigger prizes in the lower tiers than under the old format.
The UK Lottery game matrix has not changed, so online UK Lottery players will still need to pick six numbers from 1-59. The odds of winning have also stayed the same.
The following changes will be made to the UK Lottery:
- Players will no longer have to win the top jackpot prize to win £1,000,000 as a new fixed prize has been introduced for those who match five balls plus the bonus ball.
- The prizes for all non-jackpot tiers are now bigger and are fixed amounts. They are no longer based on a percentage of the total prize fund.
- Matching five balls without the bonus ball will see players win £1,750, while four balls has a prize of £140.
- Matching three balls will see players win £30, up from £25.
- The National Lottery has also changed the rules regarding rollovers. Under the old format, the jackpot was capped at £22 million, at which point it was allowed to roll-over one final time. Under the new rules, it will only be allowed to roll-over five times before it has to be won. If no player matches all six balls in the fifth and final rollover draw, the jackpot will "roll-down" and be split between all the players who have won cash prizes by matching three or more numbers.
- Bigger cash prizes in all non-jackpot tiers have replaced the Lotto Millionaire Raffle.
Must Be Won draws
New UK Lottery jackpot rules coming into effect from November 21 guarantees that the top jackpot prize will be won more regularly.
The old format allowed the jackpot to grow until it hit a cap of £22 million when it could roll over one final time before it had to be won.
Under the new format, the top jackpot prize will only be able to roll over five times. If no one matches all six numbers in the fifth rollover draw, a "Must Be Won" draw kicks in. This means the following draw rolls down and is shared between all the players winning cash prizes. This will increase the value of any prizes won for matching three or more numbers. For example, the usual 100,000 Match 3 winners in a typical draw could see their prizes boosted from £30 to around £100 in a Rolldown situation, and the thousands of Match 4 winners could each scoop around £500 (up from a fixed prize of £140).
Comparison between the old version and the current UK Lottery version:
Camelot CEO Nigel Railton said: “It was clear from the review that we needed to create a more appealing and balanced range of games that offers something for everyone. In particular, we needed to make our draw games stand out from each other and to give people the ability to play their way – with prizes, chances to win and prices to suit different tastes.
"The portfolio updates we are announcing today will complement the other initiatives we are bringing in across retail and digital, as well as our ongoing work to make The National Lottery brand more relevant and visible – and will ensure that The National Lottery as a whole continues to deliver for both players and Good Causes alike.”
Play the UK Lottery online today right here at PlayUKLottery.com and join the ranks of the superbly rich – after all, playing the lotto online is the wisest decision any lotto player could ever make!
Best of luck!
This website is owned and operated by Secure View Services Limited, of 3rd Floor, Methonis Tower 73, Archbishop Makarios Avenue, 2082, Nicosia, Cyprus using the Curacao gaming license (No: 8048/JAZ) of its holding company Play UK Internet N.V.
© 2019 Play UK Internet N.V