Two best friends from Canberra have been purchasing Oz Lotto tickets for around 20 years and finally struck gold.
Speaking about winning just over $2.2 million, one of the ticket holders said that she received a phone call informing her of the win, which went as follows:
“Oh my god! Can you please say all that again?”
“Hang on, hang on!”
“I can’t believe this. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.”
“I’m in it with a friend! We take turns buying Oz Lotto tickets every week.”
“It wasn’t even my turn this week, I mistakenly bought the ticket thinking it was my week. I’m so glad I did!”
“I cannot wait to tell her, she will fall over! We used to work together and we’ve been buying lottery tickets together for about 20 years.
“Oh god. We’ve waited so long for a win like this!”
The lucky pair said that any winnings they accrue from Oz Lotto wins, they save and treat themselves at Christmas. The winner went on to explain that this year would be extra special.
“For the past 20 years we always save up our winnings throughout the year for a beautiful Christmas lunch and then spoil ourselves with a shopping spree,” she explained.
She went on to say that the Oz Lotto prize money would go a long way funding her retirement one day and they plan to stay friends forever and enjoy their retirement in style.
“The rest though, I have no idea. You dream of this day happening and now it has, I really have no idea how I will enjoy my prize.”
“We will both use it to really enjoy our retirement and I am sure we will be sharing it with our families!
“It’s unbelievable. I will call her right now and tell her!”
You too could get that winning feeling thanks to OZ Lotto
If you’re a newbie to Oz Lotto and would like to buy an Oz Lotto entry, you will be pleased to know that the game is super easy to play:
- To win Division 1 you need to match all seven of your numbers to the winning seven numbers of the draw. These winning seven numbers, along with two supplementary numbers, are randomly selected from a pool of 45 balls, numbered 1 to 45.
- You must match at least 3 numbers plus 1 supplementary number to the winning numbers to win the lowest Division prize (7).
- To play the Oz Lotto game, players need to select seven balls from a selection of 45.
- The first seven numbers drawn are the winning Oz Lotto numbers.
- The last two numbers drawn are the Supplementary Numbers.
- The more Winning Numbers you have in each game line, the bigger the prize.
- Oz Lotto features seven prize divisions.
- The minimum entry is one game.
Oz Lotto is drawn each Tuesday night at 8:30pm AEST/9:30pm AEDT.